Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Book Club

In my non-working time these days, I've been doing some reading. Ryan's sister, Kelly, passed me an awesome book! It's called The Noticer by Andy Andrews. It's about a man who feels like his life couldn't get any worse--he was homeless and living under a pier. And then he meets a man named Jones who simply shares a new perspective on the situation. My favorite part was learning and understanding about the soon-to-be divorced couple. Jones describes the love has various dialects. This was a quick, but great read! I'm still trying to decide if it's a true story or not, as the author refers to himself by name and mentions his wife and kids.

Ryan just ordered me a new book that I started tonight. It's called Three Feet From Gold and it's about how to overcome obstacles to find success--how fitting! I got to page 26 tonight and am really enjoying it so far. One of the things I've learned so far is that success depends on the books you've read and the people you hang out with. I think I hang out with a great crew of people and I'm making progress with the books I'm reading!

If you are reading anything you really enjoy, send along the title and share!

1 comment:

nurseheather said...

Can you believe that i have been able to read like 5-6 books in the last couple of months. i changed up my workout routine to where i can read and workout at the same time. unfortunately i haven't brought myself to read anything fiction but have read some really great parenting books - the 5 love languages of children, Being the mom your kids need, growing up girls, are a few. and now i have a marriage book. ooooh fun stuff i know, your jealous