Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Hi ho, hi ho. It's off to school I go!
After the whole fiasco with my job last school year, I started questioning whether I ever wanted to teach again. Then, I interviewed for a Title I reading job and got really excited about the prospect of being a support person--not in charge of the whole class but teaching in small groups and helping out in a classroom setting. When I was turned down because I didn't have the certification, it got me thinking. So, I started looking into on-line programs but never made the jump. Then, one day, Ryan sent me an e-mail from an organization called Mindstreams. I got in contact with them, and one of the consultants found and on-line program from me out of Arizona. She also sent me a variety of grants and loan forgiveness programs for Title I teachers. That's when I made the decision--I'm going to get my reading license. I never would have considered becoming a reading specialist, but because of circumstances last year, it suddenly became a topic of interest for me. I begin class on Thursday and will be enrolled for 64 weeks. Hopefully, this will open up more opportunities for me this fall to get back in the classroom and get back to doing what I love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay!! I am so happy and proud of you. You have had to overcome a lot this year...you are an amazing role model!! Love ya!
Post a Comment