Monday, August 31, 2009
Big Day
Well, tomorrow's the big day. School is back in full gear. I will probably be too exhausted to give an update tomorrow or the rest of the week! The first few days getting 18 5 year olds settled into school is an overwhelming and crazy task! I'm usually ready for bed by about 8:00! They come to you as these little babies--but it's so fun to see them transform and mature over the course of the year. Although the timing with our baby being born so early in the year is not ideal, I have let that go and know that they will be fine and well taken care of. On Thursday, we had our open house and I got to spend some good time with my long-term sub. I get a great vibe from her and believe she will do an amazing job in my absence. My families seemed very supportive and no one appeared to be concerned about my leaving. I expressed some anxiety over having the boys so close together, but quickly found that many of my families dealt with the same situation and all of tem said how great it has become. So, that put me at ease. One family had their kids 14 months apart--ahhhh! I'm feeling good about this year--new room, new team, and a new outlook on the job ahead of me. I'm excited to have some diversity in my room again this year--I have one wheelchair bound student and 2 Asian students, which I had missed from the past two years. Once again, I have the awesome responsibility of teaching these children how to become good people and helping them learn and grow in their academics. It is exciting and overwhelming all at the same time, but this is what I do, it's who I am. So I take the challenge head on and look forward to getting the show on the road. I'll write back as soon as I'm recovered :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment