Saturday, September 26, 2009

Homecoming!

Can you believe it's Landon's one week birthday today? Even more shocking, can you believe that I am enjoying a completely quiet house right now? Both boys are sleeping and Ryan has headed off to the woods. Not knowing how long I have to enjoy the peace and quiet, I thought I would catch up on my blogging. And since I'm all alone tonight, I'm contemplating taking both boys to Target--is that crazy? Although I met a mother at Target the other day and she asked how old Landon was. At the time, he was only 5 days old. Her first comment--"Congratulations!" She then proceeded to tell me that it took her about 3 weeks to go out the first time and then she spent the entire time crying because she was finally out! I remember the first time taking Bennett out. Thank goodness my sister was with me to show me how to hook the carrier into the cart--I was scared to death to take him out all by myself. Taking one has become a simple task, but two??? We'll see!

Six days ago today, we packed up our new bundle of love (you can see how much he loved that first time being strapped into his carrier!) and brought him home.














We invited family over to celebrate this homecoming with pizza. We had a houseful of grandmas, grandpas, great grandpas, and aunts to share this joyous occassion with. Here are some photos from that day.






1 comment:

nurseheather said...

gosh - a week old. bet your wondering where his present is. well, i finally got a box and finished shopping for both so i'll be getting it out plus i'm having some stuff custom made. good thing, landon is too young to realize his aunt is a slacker!