Over the 4th of July, Ryan and I had the opportunity to get a way for a few days--alone! We left Saturday morning and headed to a wedding for a friend of Ryan's and ended up running into several people we knew! Between the wedding and reception, we detoured to Lambeau field. I had never been there, so we snapped some pictures got a snack at one of the restaurants, and wandered around. The wedding was wonderful and we had a great time!

The next day, we took an hour and half drive and met up with Ryan's sisters Kristen and Kelly and their fiances--Jake and Mike. We all pilled into Mike's car and headed to Alpine Valley to see Dave Matthews.

Hanging out before the concert!

Finally, the show began. I have to admit, after the first few songs, I wasn't too impressed. He wasn't playing any of favorites and I was worried that the concert was going to be a bust--I should know better! Pretty soon, he started rocking out all the good tunes and the jam sessions in the middle of the songs were incredible!!!! He played Grey Street, Ants Marching (my absolute favorite!! I've never heard it live before!), Trippin' Billy, Bartender, Seek up . . . and on and on. He played until about 11:00, took a quick break, and came back for the encore--and what an encore it was. He typically plays 2 songs, but for 4th of July he rocked out 4 songs and ended the show with the best version of Watchtower. It was an amazing weekend! A much needed break for Ryan and I and a much needed break from our crazy life!

Boyd, the violin player, is still my favorite, besides Dave :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment