Can you believe how grown-up he looks?!?!?!

This picture was taken (not by me) at his very first dental cleaning appointment. I was all prepared with my camera in my purse. Bennett was playing in the toy area when the hygienist came to get us . . . him. I stood up and was ready to follow and watch my baby get his very first cleaning. Then I was told I could wait in the waiting area and they would come and get me when he was all done . . . what nerve!! How can you deny a mother the right to come in and watch and obnoxiously snap pictures of this big milestone??? Okay, so I guess it makes some sense :-) But I had a very hard time sitting in the waiting area all alone wondering how he was doing and whether he was laughing or making a big fuss. When they finally came to get me, they said he had done a great job! I can't believe how fast the time has gone? Bennett has become such a grown-up boy and constantly reminds me that he's no longer my "little boy"--"mama, I'm a BIG boy!" he tells me. He has made the ultimate big boy transition--he pees standing up!!
He has been moved to the 3 year old room and daycare and his teachers tell me he's doing a great job, although he's a bit of a follower--and that's not always a good thing. Ryan and I battled with whether or not he should be moved up. Not long ago, he was having a really hard time with some kids in his class picking on him and hurting him. After a change in teachers, Bennett really became the leader in his classroom. But, when we heard he would be moving up, we were concerned about some of the kids in the 3 year old room and were concerned about his getting picked on again. If he's going to be small forever (read Noonan's or Not post), we want him to be able to stick up for himself and be assertive. But we also have to balance that with not being aggressive, which is what we started to see the first week of his move. Things have seemed to calm down, but that is the ultimate dilemma of being parents of boys--how do we make them tough without losing their sweet side? Developmentally, he's doing great! His favorite new activity--playing "Membory" with mom and dad. He got Toy Story 3 Memory from Aunt Kristin for his birthday and he loves it! And, I might add, he's very good at it!! He beats Ryan and I sometimes!
No comments:
Post a Comment