Thursday, April 23, 2009

Family Update

This week has been a crazy one filled with appointments as we prepare for vacation in 5 days!!! Yesterday, we headed to see the pediatrician for Bennett's 15 month checkup--hoping we had reached the 20 pound mark. Nope, not yet. He weighed in at 18 lbs 13 oz, gaining only 2 pounds in the last 3 months. He grew 1 1/4 inches, but he still fails to even make it on the growth chart! So, to rule out any other problems, the doctor suggested we we draw some blood and run a variety of tests--thyroid, blood count, blood sugar, among the few. Our next step is to speak with a nutrionist to see if we can do anything with his diet to help him pack on some pounds. Unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it, he doesn't like to eat sweets--will only eat ice cream on rare occasions. So, I'll let you know what we find out.

Tonight, we had Bennett's first conference at daycare. We learned that he is very happy, a daredevil, and a loud mouth :-) Hmmm . . . never heard that before! Ms. Jenny says that he's been eating really well and plays well with the other children. He sits for about 15 minutes at circle time and is very interested and focused on books--all truly wonderful things. We're very proud of the progress you're making, Bennett! Keep up the good work!

As for baby, I could swear that I've felt him/her move already. I know it's early, but I'm writing it down as Wednesday. To be honest, I think it started last week. We're on a countdown--less than two weeks to see our new baby for the first time and hopefully find out that he/she is healthy and growing properly--and if it's a he or a she :-)

I haven't had a moment to stop and breathe this week! The kids at school are driving me CRAZY!! I can't wait for vacation, although I'm so stressed out about it. I'm looking forward to being in CA, but not looking forward to the actual trip. I'm worried about the flight and how Bennett is going to deal with a 4 hour flight. I'm worried he's going to run away from me. I'm terrified that he's going to bust out with an ear infection while we're away. There's so much to plan and prepare for. I'm hoping things go smoothly, we arrive safely, and that the weather is great! I can't wait to see my big sis, brother-in-law, and my two beautiful nieces! I think it's going to be so much fun to watch Mattea, Paloma, and Bennett get to know each other and play together. And I'm so looking forward to the break from every day life for a few days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear Bennett is doing well in daycare! He was TOO FUNNY at mom's today. I couldn't stop laughing! That is so cool that you felt the baby move already. I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl! It is going to be exciting! Don't worry, Bennett will be okay, and will sprout up before you know it. I hope you have fun in CA! I wish I was going with you, but unfortunately next week is my last week of school...I wouldn't want to miss it! ;-)