Monday, April 6, 2009

A Night Out Alone

On Saturday, Ryan and I were supposed to head to the neighbors for the annual wine tasting party. Every couple brings either a red or white wine. The bottles are covered and everyone tastes and rates the wines. This way, you get some great new ideas of wines to buy that are cheap and local. But, in my current condition, it didn't sound like much fun to watch everyone else drink and then be the only sober one in the room, so I rounded up some teacher friends from school and we headed out. The five of us started with supper at Olive Garden with a waiter that was a little . . . odd. But we got a lot of good laughs out of it! Next, we next door to the movie theatre for Duplicity with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts. A little confusing, but a good movie. The movie got done around 9:30 and some of us weren't ready to go home just yet. Hey, I don't get out that often and decided to make the most of it! So, three of us went across the road to Carlos O'Kellys for drinks. They had some awesome non-alcoholic margaritas! We chatted and laughed and before I knew it, it was almost 11! I was definitely tired the next day (maybe that's why the crying got on my nerves!) but it was so nice to get out with colleagues and get to know each other outside of school. We can't wait to do it again soon!!

No comments: