This morning, Ryan left a little after 4 a.m. to cross state lines in hopes of getting his big buck for the season. He woke me up a little before 7 with a phone call telling me he had shot a good one--his first buck for the year. It's not as big as he originally thought, but he tells me "it's a nice one." The tines are tall--that's about all I know. I was very excited to see all the remains in bags in the back of his truck. Bennett was playing the decapitated head and horns. I guess that's the life when living with a hunter.
Congratulations on your deer, Daddy!
3 comments:
way to go ryan but kim - do you know how utterly disgusting that is to read he was playing with a dead dear head?? you are crazy. none of that nonsense in my house. are you hanging the head in your bedroom - or maybe bennett's bedroom - only teasing. i guess both our men got waht they wanted this year...
Kelly and I used to chase eachother around the yard with the sawed off legs in our hands. I was told that in 2nd grade I brought one in for Show and Tell...hahaha I guess thats how we Riebers grow up! :)
Yeah, and when you bend the hoof just right, the joint will pop out of the top where it was sawed off. :-) Like Kristin said, I guess it is just how us Rieber's grow up!
Post a Comment