Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow Day!

All day yesterday, teachers were talking about the big snowstorm that was headed our way. I tried not to get caught up in all the talk, just in case it missed us--that way, I couldn't be disappointed. When I got up at 5:50 this morning, I went right to the TV to see the school closings and sure enough, no school today! I said yahoo and went right back to bed. Like the students, us teachers enjoy and occasional snow day and I was in definite need of one today! The only scary part is that we used our only built-in day and it's only Dec. 9th. Oh, well--it was a great day. I slept until 9:00 because my husband was nice enough to get up with Bennett. We lounged around the house before deciding to go out and get our Christmas tree. It stopped snowing around 11 and the roads were fine (the same couldn't be said at 5:00 this morning when Ryan was shoveling!). So we picked out a huge tree, ran some errands, and enjoyed some family time. As we were bringing the tree in and setting it up, Bennett watched from afar, not really sure what to think--although he was crawling in the dropped needles and had one by his mouth. And so the holiday season with an infant begins :-) Anyway, here are some pictures of the beautiful tree we picked out. Our house smells great and it is starting to feel like Christmas is near!







2 comments:

nurseheather said...

yeah - christmas is near. i've loved having ours up and we have simply trained the kids that trees are hands off - the dogs on the other hand are another story. i love the smell of tree (preferably without dog urine on them.) hope you can get it decorated.

Becky said...

How nice to have a snow day with your family! I got your christmas card yesterday and the photos are wonderful! I'm trudging through finals (just one exam and a paper left) so hopefully I'll get mine out before Christmas. Hopefully, I won't have to resort to new year's cards.

Becky