Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Love Bug!!!

Today is Bennett's first birthday! When people asked me today if it was a sad day, I had to say NO! Although I can't believe a whole year of his life has passed us by, I can't wait to see what happens next! I love to watch him learn and explore and I love the personality that becomes more apparent every day! So if there are any tears today, it's because I am so thankful for this joyous gift that entered this world one year ago at 3:27 p.m.
Bennett got a nice birthday surprise. Auntie Kelly picked him up at daycare and brought him home to play and hang out. Unfortunately, we also had to head to the doctor's office for our 1 year check up and shots. Developmentally, Dr. Jennie says he is doing great! His head is growing at a good rate, but . . . he has only gained 3 oz since his 9 month appointment and hasn't grown in height--at all!!! So, Bennett is now on a high fat, high calorie diet. We have to go back in 6 weeks to have him rechecked. If he still is not growing, then we have some investigating to do. But, we came home, and got right on the new diet. He had a cookie and then it was time to celebrate with his cupcake.


And he dove right in!


Since both mom and dad don't have school tomorrow due to the extremely cold temperatures (it could be as cold as -45 with the wind chill!), we decided to let Bennett stay up a little later to party. He got to choose between two gifts to open tonight--the blue one from Aunt Heather and the red one from Mom and Dad.


Sorry Aunt Heather! Mom and Dad's gift was the winner for tonight!


Bennett received a Go Go Caterpillar and by the look on his face, I think he really likes it! (He has grown very attached to the measuring cup, too. Every time we tried to take it from him, he cried!)

Some birthday kisses and cuddles from Daddy!

We read On The Night You Were Born and shared with Bennett about the afternoon he was born. Then, it was time to cuddle up with Teddy and go to bed. It will be great to spend the whole day with him tomorrow, even though we're a day late. We hope you had a wonderful first birthday, Bennett! We love you!

1 comment:

nurseheather said...

yeah - what a sweet little boy. oh, and i love those pajamas. wherever did you get them????? he must really have an aunt who loves him