Saturday, January 24, 2009

My First Play Date

Today, Bennett had his first play date! Lori (I work with her at school) and her son, Jonah, came over to visit and play. Bennett is about 3 weeks older than Jonah. When they first arrived, neither boy knew quite what to do. They sat and stared at each other for a while. Most of the afternoon was spent playing alone for each boy, but they did crawl after each other and sit in the sun together! They stayed for about 2 1/2 hours. It was fun, even though the boys didn't quite get the point of it. It gave Lori and I a chance to chat and catch up, since we rarely see each other at school. While they were here, I had Bennett's hands and he was walking down the hallway. I let go, he stood for a moment, and then both Lori and I are pretty sure he took a step. Even if he didn't, I can tell it's not too far away! Thanks for the fun afternoon!

1 comment:

nurseheather said...

Yeah - playdates are my saving grace