Tuesday, January 27, 2009
The Heat Is (Back) On
I'm a little late with this post, but I was sitting in the house on Saturday night with 3 long sleeve shirts on and wrapped in a big blanket--I could not warm up! I checked the thermostat which was set at 70. But a closer look showed that it was only 65. So I cranked it all the way up to 80 and it wouldn't kick in. We had this trouble two years ago and Ryan had learned some tricks to get it going--no luck. Being that it was 11 at night, we decided to through another blanket on Bennett and stick it out until the morning. At 3:30, Bennett woke up and started making noise. Ryan brought him in to our room--at this point my nose was very cold. It was now 58 in the house (Saturday night got down below zero--not a good night for this to happen). So, Ryan called the heating people and they said it wouldn't matter whether they came immediately or waited until morning. About 4:15, the repair man arrives, figures out it is the motor, hot wires the furnace so we could start getting some heat, and has to leave to get the part. He was done and gone by 5:00 and we were getting nice and warm again! But just to put into perspective how cold it has been lately, I was sitting alone last night, enjoy the drama on The Bachelor when I heard a loud noise. I immediately went to the garage to find several cans of exploded soda! I was tempted to take a picture of the slushy mess, but decided that wasn't necessary. Maybe next time--we have plenty of winter left :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is absolutely ridiculous. if there are ever soda cans exploding in my garage - i will vacate immediately. glad you are warmed up
Post a Comment