Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Summer Project

Before


After

Since the new baby will be bunking with big brother, there's no need to redecorate a nursery. So, instead, to fulfill my need to do some painting and fixing up, I changed my bathroom! I just redid it two summers ago when I was pregnant with Bennett (must be a pregnancy itch??). I thought I'd go out on a limb and try something different with colors I wouldn't normally pick. Hmm . . . didn't work out so well. I didn't like it right after I did it, but managed to hang on for two years before making a change. I went all out! I finally got around to changing the old-fashioned looking hardware to some nice silver handles and even got a new toilet seat with silver hinges. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the walls are a pretty mocha brown. My whole house is done in tans and neutrals, but I guess that's what I like! And no, I was not climbing on ladders to complete this project--my mother-in-law came yesterday to finish the parts I couldn't get to. Thanks, Diane! Although, I swear, my balance is fine :-) I'm really liking the new look and hopefully this will stay for at least two years until I get another crazy idea!

No comments: