The end is finally in sight! Only 8 days of school left :-) I'm not at all counting down the days when I say good-bye to my sweet first graders--okay, maybe a little because it has been NUTS the last few weeks! So, here's what I've been busy and stressed out doing--
1. End of the year assessments. It's so fun to see the progress, but they are time-consuming.
2. Running records. These measure the student's current reading level. Most of my students surpassed the expected level H. I have kids at K, M, N, Q, and R--success! But the higher level you go, the stories get longer . . . and longer . . . and longer . . . get the picture?
3. Report cards and entering all my data into the database.
4. Taking my things off the walls.
5. Packing up my belongings as I am headed to a new room next year--yahoo! It's much bigger!
6. Making the kids their end of the year gifts--a movie of pictures from last year and this, complete with music and accompanied by hand-written personalized notes for all 17 kids!
7. Homework. I am taking a 3 credit class in which I have to read 2 books and resources and answer questions.
8. Purchasing and wrapping gifts and making cards for our teachers and classroom volunteers.
9. Planning fun theme days for this week.
10. Dealing with the nonstop chatter and talking and goofing and laughing of 7 year olds who are ready to be done!
What are you up to these days?
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
nothing in comparison to you. here's to be a teacher huh?
hoping things subside soon.
In 6 days :-)
Post a Comment