Monday, October 20, 2008

Current Issues

So I have to admit that I'm getting a little bored with my blogging. I feel like the only things I have to talk about are my kids at school and my little boy at home--who I think is the cutest, sweetest baby in the world, but how much can I really say about him on a weekly basis. I've decided to start a new post--Current Issues. It will focus on topics that are political, educational, or things that just plain bug me. I'd love to have you comment and discuss your feelings on these topics, as well. Let's give it a try and see how it goes! I have 2 current issues.

1. Since heading back to school, I have lost a majority of my baby weight. Although this is great news, it also means I am cleaning out my closets and need an update with my wardrobe. I've been in the market for some new pants--I have purchased three new pairs, all of which have required hemming on my part. I DO NOT like to sew nor am I good at it--so my issues is with the clothes industry. Why is it that I can bring any pair of pants home for my husband and they magically fit while I have to try on 12 pairs before deciding NONE of them fit! Why can't pants be more "user friendly" for women?

2. Sarah Palin--hmmm? I have been watching the Saturday Night Live skits about her, and they are a hoot! Tina Fey is right on with her impressions! And after seeing some of Palin's real interviews, I have to say, the skits are not that far off base, sadly. I am so excited that women are finally reaching the levels that always been held by men, but really, couldn't you have picked a woman who has a little more substance and a little less gibberish? Do you think Sarah Palin represents the mind and intelligence that many women offer?

1 comment:

nurseheather said...

oooh i like it - and am dying to comment but unfortunately i'm off to work shortly. i'll drop you my opinion in a little bit