
My sweet little Bennett is going to be a big brother! Ryan and I found out at the end of January, but we're just starting to share the news. We had our first doctor's appointment on Tuesday and heard the heartbeat for the first time--that's always exciting! So, we figured it was time to start telling everyone. To be honest, I haven't been ready to talk about it with anyone as this pregnancy was quite a shock and surprise! It took me a long time to even come to terms with how our lives are about to change. This time was so different than with Bennett. He was a two year process with fertility and lots of disappointment--this was the complete opposite--considering we weren't even trying! Just to tell you how shocking this was--our plan was to have them about 3 years apart--they'll be about 20 1/2 months, instead! The more I talk to others who have had children close together, the more reassured I am that things will be fine, and I may actually prefer it, so I'm starting to get used to the idea. I think the hardest part about all of this has been that people were finding out before we were ready to share and asking questions we weren't ready to answer. We were still trying to process while others were trying to celebrate with us. And it was a little disappointing that we weren't able to share our news in the manner we wanted at the time we wanted. In the beginning, I wasn't ready for the reactions I was sure I was going to get--which was the dropped jaw "holy cow!" one that I had used for others when I heard they were having another child so soon after the first. But, to be honest, I haven't gotten one of those. Instead, we have recieved nothing but love and support from the people who care about us most. And the reassurances they offer that things will be fine have helped me feel more at ease. And what has been getting me through is the fact that God never gives you more than you can handle, so although the first few monts (6 I'm told) will be very chaotic and stressful, we'll find a way to make it through to better times ahead. So for those who don't know, our official due date is October 1st and I have a strong feeling that it is a girl this time around. When I was asked what I was hoping for, I thought the quick answer would be "girl." But I am seeing the benefits of having another boy--we'll be more than prepared! Since they will be sharing a room for a while, having two of the same sex would be a little more convenient. There is something to be said about a woman wanting to have a girl, though, and ssshhh! Don't tell Ryan that I already bought a girl outfit :-) Keep checking for all the updates about the pregnancy and my thoughts about my changing family!
2 comments:
Ha - funny picture. i love it. things will be just fine. you'll survive and look back and wonder what all the fuss was about. you'll need to take up drinking coffee though......
It's too funny that you already bought girl outfits! As much as I would love another boy, a girl would be nice. My feelings with your last pregnancy was wrong, when I kept calling the baby a "she" before you found out. Although, I must say, Jake has a feeling it is going to be a girl. He was right with Bennett...so we'll keep our fingers crossed!
Post a Comment