Monday, March 30, 2009
More Good News!
Most of you may know that things with my job have been up in the air. Our district is opening a new school but dropped the SAGE program which allowed me to be hired. It requires that grades K-3 must have lower numbers of students. So, from the beginning of all this craziness, I opted to leave it up to fate and God as to where I would end up. I chose not to apply to the new school, even though that would guarantee which grade level I would teach. But I have strong feelings about my school and my principal and didn't want to leave that behind. After all the teachers were decided for the new school, our k-1 team of still needed to reduce by 1 teacher and our school needed to reduce by a total of 3. There has been no information offered about how that decision would be made. Today at 8:00, we finally got those answers. The district has been committed to the least amount of change necessary. They looked at which grade levels needed to reduce and chose the least senior person. My concern was that all 3 reductions would be the 3 least senior people, which I believe would have been me. But it turned out great for, despite losing one of my colleagues, who took the news very hard. It also meant someone in the 4-5 wing would lose a person who has been at the building a lot longer than me, which also seems unfair. But I think in this whole process, either way it was done, someone was going to have to be hurt and moved. Thankfully, it was not me! So, I may be packing my stuff and moving to a new classroom (a bigger classroom) down the hallway while I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant, but it's better than the alternative. I am reminded that my life and what happens is not of my doing, and I am thankful for the way it has turned out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY TO YOU!!!! I am so happy!
Good! Do you know which grade you a teaching yet? Because if I don't get a job and you're not teaching K...I know someone who might be available to be a long-term sub...Just a suggestion ;)
Post a Comment