Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fun Furnishings

This is my new favorite decorating idea!! I was talking to my friend Angie one day about how I wanted some wall art for above the family pictures of Bennett. I told her I had found a saying I liked, but it didn't come in the color I wanted. She told me she had a catalog for a company called Uppercase Living in which you can purchase wall sayings or create your own. I am totally hooked! The above picture is the saying I wanted but I chose the color, font, and size, and created this one myself. The word "together" was supposed to be a more creamy color, and I was really disappointed when I put it next to my wall and it was the same color! So, I had a little rearranging to do. I love it on the green dividing wall!! I can see it as soon as I walk in the door.



I also wanted something with the meaning of Bennett's name. It was partly the reason we liked his name so much. I was going to order a wooden sign with it painted on, but didn't really wanted to spend $50 on something that he may not want displayed in his room forever. The sayings are fairly inexpensive and sort of easy to apply. I had the hardest time transferring my letters to the sticky top sheet, but they easily applied to the wall. This company had the neatest sayings, lots of color choices, and fun ideas of how to add a little pizazz to a wall. I may have to order some more!



3 comments:

nurseheather said...

I like them. could you pass along a website if they have one - i would like to do something in paloma's room. I got some wall art from target online of lots and lots of butterflies - i'm just too chicken to put them up yet -we just finished painting, but i would be curious to look into your company. i think everything looks really nice

Kim said...

The website is uppercaseliving.com. But they don't have anything really online. It's sold by a rep, kind of like Mary Kay. On the website, I think you can request a catalog--their holiday ideas are awesome!! Lots of cute stuff for kids' rooms, too. I also have the rep's sign in info--I can e-mail if you like!

MerrandaVK said...

VERY cute! My friend paints sayings on walls, her home is beautiful with them. Yours look great too!