My poor little guy--the last two days have not been very pleasant for him :-( Yesterday, he broke another tooth--this time one of his top ones. He was crabby and upset last night
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Tough Two Days
My poor little guy--the last two days have not been very pleasant for him :-( Yesterday, he broke another tooth--this time one of his top ones. He was crabby and upset last night. He woke up at 3:30 crying so we fed him 4ounces and he went right back to sleep. Then this morning, only 20 minutes after Dad dropped him off, another little boy took a bite out of my baby's cheek. Bennett was playing with a block that this little boy wanted and he bit him. You can see the top teeth and bottom teeth bruised on his cheek. As a parent, I felt angry because I couldn't understand why someone would want to hurt my little, sweet boy who is too young to defend himself. At the same time, I tried to see if from the point of view of the other child's mother. I don't know how I would tell a one year old not to bite because I don't know that he would understand. All the daycare ladies felt horrible and apologized over and over. None of them wanted to make the phone call to tell me what had happened--one of ladies even cried :-( So, I know that Bennett is loved and well-taken care of at his daycare, but it makes you feel so bad! I'm hoping that tomorrow is a better day for my little guy!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
can totally relate to how you are feeling. we got the call and incident report at daycare one day when one little girl (who is mattea's best friend) clawed her in the face with entirely too long of nails and left three significant gauges in her face. She still has a permanent scar on her left cheek. it was a teachable moment about respecting others - so if anything, we came away with a postiive - but it doesn't make it any easier. here's hopign tomorrow is a better day
Poor guy!
poor baby! i understand your anger. Once a boy hit justin in the face at a park, and the mother did NOTHING!! I was so hoppin mad!! But when it is babies and toddlers there isn't much you can do except dole out more hugs and kisses.. I can't believe he's got so many teeth! Rhys still just has one on the bottom.
oh, and Heather, Ethny also has a scar on her cheek from a little girl who threw a horse shoe right at her face!
Post a Comment