Saturday, September 13, 2008

More Bad Luck

So I was just saying yesterday (proceeded by some wood knocking) that I had gone several days with no disasters, and I was hoping the bad streak was over------well, I was not so lucky :-( So, I can see how my last post was funny--as my sister told me last night, it is pretty humorous when adults take a tumble, but this is no laughing matter. Last night, Ryan asked if I had wiped out the computer--I said no. The picture we had on the backdrop was gone and the folder where I keep all of Bennett's pictures was gone. No big deal, I thought. I purposely don't erase any pictures from the camera until I put them all on a CD, so I knew nothing was really lost. But today was another story. I went downstairs to see what the damage was. I opened up the My Documents folder to find it empty, and I felt really bad! All the stuff that I had just lost at school was at least saved at home--until now. As I was sitting there staring at the blank folder, suddenly I was hit like a ton of bricks. The power point I was creating as an end of the year video for my students was gone, along with ALL my pictures from last year. Okay, it could be worse. And then I realized my most prized possession was gone--I have been keeping a journal for years--since I was in 5th or 6th grade. Thankfully, I printed a majority off years ago, but then I started a new file just a few years ago. Among other things, I documented details during my pregnancy and about Bennett's birth. And every month on his birth date, I journal about the changes in his life and the things I felt as I watched him grow--it is all gone. That's when I started to cry! Ryan quickly called his sister and she thinks it may be possible to recover the files, so we'll have to take it to Best Buy and hope and pray they have some magic to work. Sometimes I hate technology!

1 comment:

nurseheather said...

oooh, that really is some bad luck - what the heck happened to you - here's hoping your able to recover your lost memories - you should really think of backing everything up??? let me know what happens