On Saturday, we all got up very early to get to the airport to fly home. Bennett and I had two very rough flights--the turbulance was horrible! But Bennett was such a trooper and did pretty well. Although it was sad for our vacation to end, it was great to be home and be greeted by Daddy, and Grandma and Grandpa T.
What I also learned was that even though the Midwest has its flaws (weather being one of them), there is something to be said about the people. I met some wonderful people on our flights, who were so generous and willing to help. On our final flight home, I sat next to a man and his wife just coming home from Germany. I put Bennett on the floor while I got situated and he picked him up and put him on his lap. He talked to Bennett and even let him play with his cell phone. When getting off the plane, this same man held on to Bennett while I got the stroller. I have a new appreciation for my home and the people here. I also have a new appreciation for parents traveling with kids. It is hard work, especially when you're alone. It's stressful and it's hard to manage all your bags, strollers, car seats, and children--especially when they are tired and cranky and are not acting the way you wish they would! But I'm proud to say that I traveled alone with my 15 month old son and survived!
I miss my sister, brother-in-law, and nieces already, but I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with them. I know Bennett won't remember any of this trip, but I hope through my blog, all the pictures, and stories I have to share, he will someday be grateful for our time away. Thanks to my family for giving me the opportunity to come tag along on your family vacation!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment