Things didn't begin as smoothly as I was hoping. Bennett, my squirmy, moving, shaking, little boy had a hard time sitting still on the plane. Our first flight, only about 30 minutes was manageable, but after a quick breakfast and no time to play, we got on our second flight for four hours of -- chaos, maybe is the word! Bennett screamed from the time we stood in line until the plane started taxiing down the runway. Unfortunately, most of our plane was filled with high school kids heading to the DECA nationals--not the most understanding crowd. But one woman did turn around and offered at any point if I needed a break, she was more than happy to help--true generosity. The flight attendants moved a gentleman out of our row to allow Bennett an extra seat for some wiggle room--it came in great handy. After sleeping for about 90 minutes, the rest of the flight was spent trying to keep him busy.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Vacation ~ The Beginning
I've been away from blogging for a while but I had a good excuse--Bennett and I were on vacation! Let me tell you how this all began. Many months ago, I was in desperate need to get away and go someplace else. So I e-mailed my big sis and told her that we were taking a trip--Vegas, California, Chicago--it didn't really matter. Well, somehow, a girl's trip of fun, shopping, and hanging out turned into a family vacation with my sister, her husband, myself, and all 3 children--not quite what I was thinking, as I was reminded by my sister yesterday, but what a trip it was! It had all the makings of a true family vacation--fun, sun, seeing and doing new things, grumpy kids, stress, and lots of laughs! When the Disney trip first became an option, I never questioned whether or not I'd take Bennett with me. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity for me to see my family and for Bennett to get to know his wonderful cousins! So, I booked our tickets, packed half our house, and headed to sunny California.
Things didn't begin as smoothly as I was hoping. Bennett, my squirmy, moving, shaking, little boy had a hard time sitting still on the plane. Our first flight, only about 30 minutes was manageable, but after a quick breakfast and no time to play, we got on our second flight for four hours of -- chaos, maybe is the word! Bennett screamed from the time we stood in line until the plane started taxiing down the runway. Unfortunately, most of our plane was filled with high school kids heading to the DECA nationals--not the most understanding crowd. But one woman did turn around and offered at any point if I needed a break, she was more than happy to help--true generosity. The flight attendants moved a gentleman out of our row to allow Bennett an extra seat for some wiggle room--it came in great handy. After sleeping for about 90 minutes, the rest of the flight was spent trying to keep him busy.
He was having fun with the cheese and fruit tray I purchased--none of which he actually ate, but the container came in handy!! He also spent some time sitting on the floor playing with his blanket, which I'm not quite sure is "legal" in airplanes, but no one said he couldn't.
Things didn't begin as smoothly as I was hoping. Bennett, my squirmy, moving, shaking, little boy had a hard time sitting still on the plane. Our first flight, only about 30 minutes was manageable, but after a quick breakfast and no time to play, we got on our second flight for four hours of -- chaos, maybe is the word! Bennett screamed from the time we stood in line until the plane started taxiing down the runway. Unfortunately, most of our plane was filled with high school kids heading to the DECA nationals--not the most understanding crowd. But one woman did turn around and offered at any point if I needed a break, she was more than happy to help--true generosity. The flight attendants moved a gentleman out of our row to allow Bennett an extra seat for some wiggle room--it came in great handy. After sleeping for about 90 minutes, the rest of the flight was spent trying to keep him busy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment