Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend Project

Last week, I was so looking forward to our 3-day vacation! The weather was supposed to be nice and I made sure to clear all my projects at school on Friday before leaving. I was also looking forward to the backyard renovation we were planning to do. Ryan and I have been talking about making our garden bigger since we moved in 6 years ago. We finally got around to it on Saturday--but it wasn't quite the weekend I was hoping for. It was a LOT of WORK!!!

We pulled up flowers and rocks around all 3 of our trees in the backyard. Ryan started trimming the middle tree which we are going to be cutting down--it is getting too big and out of control. Not good timing, though--our backyard neighbor was hosting a wedding shower. We gave the guests a lot to talk about! Next we had to dig out flowers for replanting. Then Ryan had to dig up a good chunk of our yard. We laid bricks around both trees and outlined the garden. The best part--we have so much room to plant more vegetables! We planted tomatoes, red and green peppers, beans, peas, onions, and some potatoes. Although it was a lot of work, we are pleased with the results and are excited it's over!

Bennett was out in the yard watching all the nonsense with grandma and grandpa. He even put on some gloves and pretended to get to work :-)

1 comment:

nurseheather said...

what a great little helper. looks like it turned out nice. hope you enjoy your vegetables...